Admission requirements for the 4th round
The fourth round of the admission procedure is announced for the field of the 8-year grammar school only. The third round of the admission procedure for the 4-year grammar school will not be announced.
There are only 2 vacancies left for the fourth round of the admission procedure.
If the applicant does not make use of the recognition criteria listed in points 1-9 below), then he / she has to take the school part of the entrance examination, which consists of a General Study Prerequisites test – OSP (a sample can be found here). Depending on the test result, the candidate can get up to 100 points.
Criteria for the recognition of the school part of the entrance examination
1) the average school results from all subjects in the fourth and the fifth year of the elementary school did not exceed the value of 1.3 (for both 4th and 5th grade, only the school results for the first semester are presented)
2) the average school results from all subjects in the fourth or the fifth year of the elementary school did not exceed the value of 1.2 (for both 4th and 5th grade, only the school results for the first semester are presented)
3) the average school results of the three following subjects (Mathematics, Natural History, National History and Geography) in the fifth year of the elementary school did not exceed the value of 1.0 and the total school results from all subjects in the fourth and the fifth year did not exceed the value of 1.5 (for both 4th and 5th grade, only the school results for the first semester are presented)
4) placed first down to fifth in a regional or district round of a mathematics, chemistry, physics, geography or astronomy competition, or alternatively a competition in Czech language or an equivalent competition announced by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports or by schools (such as the Maths Kangaroo, IT Merit Badge)
5) passing a certified English, German or Spanish language examination at Level A2 and higher (e.g. KET, PET, FIN in DEUTSCH 2, FLYERS)
6) based on the current and documented membership in Mensa Czech Republic (IQ value is greater than or equal to 130)
7) placed in the top 30% of a logic competition organized by Mensa Czech Republic in a regional round at least once in the course of studies at the elementary school
8) based on the decision made by the headmistress of PRIGO Medical and Science Grammar School by exercising discretion in the recognition of type-equivalent or similar achievements listed in Points 4) and 5), worthy of special consideration
9) the conditions of the uniform (state) entrance examination have been met
10) the conditions of the school entrance examination from the OSP test (general study prerequisites) have been met
In accordance with the provisions of Section 60, Paragraph 3 of the Czech Education Act, the school principal decides as follows:
a) for the given study field, if the candidate does not meet at least one of the criteria listed in points 1-8), the better of the results in points 9) and 10), ie the state part of the entrance examination or the school entrance examination, will be assessed. For the school part of the entrance examination mentioned in point 10), the candidate can achieve a maximum of 100 points. The school part must be completed again for the 4th round of the admission procedure and the school part from the 1st or 2nd or 3rd round of the entrance examination cannot be recognized. For the part of the uniform (state) part of the entrance examination mentioned in point 9), the candidate may achieve a maximum of 100 points. The uniform entrance examination from the first round will be recognized, provided that the applicant submits, together with the application for study, the result of the evaluation of the uniform entrance examination from the first round.
If the applicant meets at least one of the criteria listed in points 1-8), he / she will be obliged to pass the school entrance examination according to point 10), resp. the obligation to document the result of the state part of the entrance examination according to point 9) is waived and automatically awarded a point evaluation of 100 points in the overall ranking of candidates.
b) if the candidate does not reach the minimum set point limit of 30 points for the field of education 79-41-K / 81 Gymnázium, then he / she will not meet the criterion for passing the entrance examination and will not be accepted for education.
Based on the points that the candidate receives, the order of the candidates from the best to the worst result is compiled. The primary criterion for ranking candidates is the number of points achieved. If the score is the same, the average benefit according to point 1) rounded to two decimal places is used as a secondary criterion. Pupils who have obtained at least the minimum number of points for a given round and will be placed in the interval from 1st place to a place that corresponds to the order of the candidate who placed last within the remaining capacity (number of vacancies – 2 ) for the 4th round of the admission procedure for the given field of education.