Four-year Grammar School
The third round of the admission procedure for the 4-year grammar school will not be announced.
The PRIGO Medical and Science Grammar School is a secondary school which initiated its activity in 1994.
The school provides education in the eight-year and four-year Grammar School.
Four-year Grammar School – Grammar School programme 79-41-K/41
The programme of the general four-year Grammar School focuses on gifted students who have decided to start studying at a Grammar School after completing the compulsory education at the elementary school. These are students who want to have the typical Grammar-school education but who also want to be specialised in natural sciences.
The curriculum and the school educational programme can be downloaded here (available in the Czech language only).
Admission requirements for the 1st round for full-time education
An applicant can obtain a maximum of 166 points for all parts of the entrance examination: a maximum of 100 points for the state examination and a maximum of 66 points for the school part of the examination. The pupils attending the first round of the entrance examinations will be ranked according to the results of both parts of the examinations. Those students placed between the 1st position and the position corresponding to the ranking of the student placed last within the capacity announced for the 1st round of the admissions for a given subject of study will be admitted to studies. Also those students who have gained the same number of points as the last listed applicant will be admitted to studies as well. The secondary evaluation for determining the order, in case of agreement of the point evaluation, is the average benefit according to point 1 (criteria for recognition of the school entrance exam).
The entrance examination is composed from the evaluation of the following parts:
1) result of the state entrance examination (a maximum of 100 points),
2) result of the school entrance examination (max. 66 points).
The joint (state) entrance examination consists of two didactic tests a) Czech language and literature (a sample here) and b) Mathematics (a sample here). Applicants receive a maximum of 50 points for the individual didactic tests. The highest possible number of points for the state examination is therefore 100 points if the applicant responds correctly to all the questions in both tests. The school entrance examination consists of the General Educational Prerequisites (sample here). Depending on the test result, applicants can obtain up to 66 points. The information on the preparatory course for the school entrance examination can be found here.
Recognition of the school entrance examination
An applicant may be exempt from attending the entrance examination, receiving the maximum of 66 points without the need to pass the test of general studies requirements, if at least one of the following criteria is met. If there is a request for the recognition of the school part of the entrance examination according to the following points 4 to 8, enclosing a statutory declaration with attachments is a necessary condition (to download from here). The statutory declaration is an integral part of the application.
Criteria for the recognition of the school entrance examination
Four-year secondary grammar school
1) the average school results from all subjects in the eighth and the ninth year of the elementary school (the school results from the 1st and 2nd half of the 8th grade and the 1st half of the 9th grade are documented) did not exceed the value of 1.3
2) the average school results from all subjects in the eighth and the ninth year of the elementary school (the school results from the 1st and 2nd half of the 8th grade and the 1st half of the 9th grade are documented) did not exceed the value of 1.2
3) the average school results of at least the three following subjects (Mathematics, Physics, Natural History) in the ninth year of the elementary school (the school results from the 1st and 2nd half of the 8th grade and the 1st half of the 9th grade are documented) did not exceed the value of 1.0 and the total school results from all subjects in the eighth and the ninth year (the school results from the 1st and 2nd half of the 8th grade and the 1st half of the 9th grade are documented) does not exceed the value of 1.5
4) placed first down to fifth in a regional or district round of a mathematics, chemistry, physics, geography or astronomy competition, or alternatively a competition in Czech language or an equivalent competition announced by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports or by schools (such as the Maths Kangaroo, IT Merit Badge)
5) passing a certified English, German or Spanish language examination at Level A2 and higher (e.g. KET, PET, FIN in DEUTSCH 2, FLYERS)
6) based on the current and documented membership in Mensa Czech Republic (IQ value is greater than or equal to 130)
7) placed in the top 30% of a logic competition organised by Mensa Czech Republic in a regional round at least once in the course of studies at the elementary school
8) based on the decision made by the Director of PRIGO Secondary Grammar School of Languages and Humanities by exercising discretion in the recognition of type-equivalent or similar achievements listed in Points 4) and 5), worthy of special consideration
In the case of applicants who finished school earlier, the conditions set by the Education Act apply.
You can find more information on our Grammar School here.
PRIGO – Grammar schools and high school – On-line Open Day
Have a look at our Grammar School from the perspective of our students